How to create a Cleaning Rota for your Business
Having a cleaning schedule in place that suits your individual business is vital for maintaining a professional and hygienic workplace.
Regardless of whether your cleaning work is carried out by a contract cleaner or your own staff, ensuring you have a rota which works for your company is key in terms of costs and efficiency.
The cleaning work you require will depend on the type of business you run – for example, restaurants will need more frequent cleaning – and the size of your business – smaller businesses will likely need less regular cleans.
However, there are some universal cleaning tasks which should be consistently scheduled to keep your workplace tidy, healthy and an attractive environment for your staff, customers and clients.
Daily tasks focus on the areas of your building which receive the most footfall or have the potential to accumulate mess and germs the quickest. These tasks are essential to keeping your workplace looking tidy and professional and staying hygienic on a daily basis.
- Tidy away paperwork and clear rubbish from desks/tables
- Empty out bins and recycling points
- Disinfect kitchen and bathroom surfaces, basins and toilets
- Refill soap dispensers, toilet roll and restock hand towels
- Vacuum floors, particularly in high traffic areas
- Mop hard flooring, paying particular attention to disinfecting kitchen and bathroom areas
Weekly tasks are usually bigger jobs than daily ones, or focus on areas that don’t need such frequent upkeep. These jobs will ensure the entirety of your workspace stays clean and tidy.
- Dust surfaces, paying particular attention to horizontal ones which will accumulate dust quickest
- Vacuum upholstered furniture such as reception sofas and office chairs
- Disinfect handles, light switches, keyboards and phones
- Clean/polish windows, glasswork, partitions and mirrors
- Sanitise the kitchen area by cleaning splashbacks, fridges and coffee machines
These tasks are the largest on a typical cleaning rota. Expect monthly jobs to rid your building of dirt build up and leave you with a truly fresh feeling workplace.
- Deep clean or shampoo carpets
- Buff and/or polish hard flooring
- Carry out necessary cleaning for upholstered furniture
- Exterior window cleaning
- Dust air vents and air conditioning units
- Where necessary, power wash walls
To ensure the large, important monthly cleaning tasks your business requires are carried out to a high standard, you will need professional cleaning equipment. Only with the right equipment will you be able to give your workplace the deep clean it needs to banish all dirt and maintain strong hygiene levels. Whether it’s carpet cleaners and floor scrubber dryers for your flooring, steam cleaners for sanitary worktops or pressure washers for your walls, professional equipment will ensure your business stays in top condition.
Alpha Power Cleaners is a leading supplier of high quality, professional cleaning equipment for customers across the Midlands. We stock equipment from a variety of major brands so you can rest assured you are selecting from reliable and efficient machinery.
Whatever your business’ cleaning requirements, we can help you meet them with our range of cleaning equipment which is conveniently available for sale or hire. Contact our helpful team today to discuss your needs, or for more information regarding our products.