Choosing The Correct Cleaning Pads For Your Scrubber Dryer
When purchasing your new scrubber dryer, it’s important to ensure you have to correct machine and accompanying components to suit your requirements.
Choosing the correct cleaning pads is an part of this decision, as you need to be sure that you are choosing the right pad for your flooring – whether you plan to buff, strip, or polish it.
Our experts here at Alpha Power Cleaners are always on hand to provide advice, and we’ve compiled a handy guide to answer some of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to cleaning pads for your scrubber dryer.
Jump to section:
- Our Floor Scrubber Dryer Range
- What is the difference in colours?
- Are there different sizes available?
- What types of flooring can I use them on?
- How long will the pads last?
- Do I need anything else to be able to fit the pads to my scrubber dryer?
Our Floor Scrubber Dryer Range
Take a look at our range of floor scrubber dryers, or give us a call for a free quote on 0808 169 8529 .
What is the difference in colours?
Cleaning pads are available in a range of colours, each representing a different grade. The grade you use is important so as to ensure an effective clean, without damaging the finish on your floor. We’ve listed the differences in colour and grading below:
- White – Ideal for dry polishing, a light pad for a glossy finish
- Tan – A slightly coarser pad, most used for polishing at a higher speed
- Red – Ideal for removing scuff marks and light cleaning
- Blue – Most popularly used for scrubbing floors and heavy-duty spray cleaning. This pad is of a fairly coarse texture and can be used to remove the finish of a floor that is damaged.
- Green – Used for heavy duty scrubbing
- Black – This is the highest grade available, an extremely coarse pad that is used for stripping floors of old finishes. This pad should not be placed in one area for long as it can easily damage floors if used incorrectly.
Are there different sizes available?
You will need a certain size depending on the deck of your scrubber dryer – simply measure across the drive board or refer to your operator manual to find the size cleaning pad you will need.
Alternatively, our experts here at Alpha Power Cleaners are always on hand to provide advice as to what will suit your requirements best.
What types of flooring can I use them on?
Flooring pads are suitable for use on most flooring types but are particularly aimed at flat flooring, as floors with crevices in may not be cleaned as effectively.
How long will the pads last?
The pads are durable, however their longevity is dependent on the amount they are used and the type of surfaces that are cleaned. For example, flat flooring that is cleaned infrequently will mean the pads last a lot longer than if they are regularly used on a rougher surface.
Do I need anything else to be able to fit the pads to my scrubber dryer?
Cleaning pads need to be fitted to a drive board, so this should be purchased if your scrubber dryer does not already have one. Talk to our team for advice on your specific machine.
For more advice on your scrubber dryer, or to find out more about the services we offer, feel free to contact us today – our expert team are always happy to provide assistance.