Autumn Cleaning Checklist
As autumn gets well under way, getting your home ready for the cold seasons ahead should be on your mind. With the arrival of shorter, colder and damper days, there will be fewer good opportunities to give your home a thorough clean.
So, stash away the remnants of summer and prepare your house for the onset of winter, with our autumn cleaning checklist.
As we wave goodbye to summer and prepare for colder months, there are a few preparatory outdoor tasks to be done:
- Clean and store away garden furniture, barbecues and any kid’s toys that are still left outside
- Check any outdoor paintwork or wooden trims and carry out any necessary touch ups, treatments and maintenance
- Wash the exterior of your windows
- Inspect your gutters and drainpipes and clear away any accumulated debris, leaves, and blockages
Throughout winter, it’s likely you’ll be spending more time indoors. Ensure your home is comfortable, cosy and clean by carrying out these tasks:
- Dust and clean light fittings and fixtures
- Dust hard to reach crevices and corners – autumn is of course the time of year spiders try to make their home in your house!
- If your home is liable to damp and problematic mould growth, consider getting a dehumidifier to reduce moisture in the air
- Clean all around your radiators – as it’s time to turn back on the heating you’ll want to make sure your heating as working at peak efficiency
- Give your floors and carpets a deep clean with a carpet shampooer or floor scrubber
- Wash summer clothes and bedding and store them away for the winter
- Unpack winter coats, clothes and bedding and hang them out to air before using to get rid of musty smells
- Prepare your kitchen for lots of cosy home cooking by clearing out your cupboards, throwing away out of date food, unused equipment and old utensils
- Give your oven a welcome deep clean – steam cleaners can help make light work of this gruelling task
For larger tasks, or a more thorough deep clean, hiring professional cleaning equipment can be very helpful. Whether you could use a carpet cleaner to freshen your flooring or a steam cleaner to help lift stubborn dirt and sanitise surfaces effortlessly, Alpha Power Cleaners can provide you with the best reliable, high quality cleaning equipment.
Alpha Power Cleaners provide customers across the Midlands with a wide range of professional grade cleaning equipment to buy or hire. Our equipment stocks come from major, reputable brands and are great for completing large-scale, in-depth jobs.
To discuss your cleaning requirements with one of our expert team, contact our team – we are happy to help.